Tuff Truck™ Fire Apparatus
With a cab and body width as narrow as 96” and a wheelbase as short as 198”, the KME Tuff Truck™ fire apparatus is built to navigate around tight city streets, taking maximum drivability to a new level. The two sets of H style stabilizers have been engineered to only fully extend to 12’, allowing for positioning and unrivaled performance on an 11-degree slope. The Tuff Truck also integrates mitered corners, which causes the rear tail swing to be reduced by 9” and diminishes the possibility of damage to the rear body. Add on its increased water capacity of up to 650 gallons of water and 240 cubic feet of body capacity, and you have one enhanced firefighting truck!
The 103’ Tuff Truck AerialCat™ is a highly maneuverable 103’ ladder with a 12’ jack stance designed to set up in compact areas. It features an unrestricted 500 lb tip load and a 1500 gpm waterway with Store Front Blitz™ and -7 to +80 degree unrestricted operation range. The 103’ Tuff Truck is built on KME’s 96” Severe ServiceTM cab with a 500 HP engine and 4000 EVS transmission.
The benefits of the new Tuff Truck AerialCat™ Fire Truck include:
- Better Weight Capacity: Designed to accommodate a 650-gallon water tank and an enclosed ladder storage capable of housing an ISO compliant package. The tandem axle design provides better braking, traction and vehicle stability.
- Unmatched Length: The shortest overall length in the industry at 38’ 4”.
- More Compartment Space to Utilize: 25” deep compartments allow 185 cubic feet of compartment space.
- A Compact Design: Easy to maneuver with a wheelbase as short as 198” and short outrigger stance of 12’ with the capability to short jack at 10’6”.
- No Restrictions: Operate in a full range of motion with no restrictions. The truck will operate at any low angle forward of the outriggers and can be set-up on an 11-degree slope.
“The Tuff Truck AerialCat™ has the advantage of a shorter overall length, shorter wheelbase and narrower body and cab in the 100’ ladder range. With the Tuff Truck, KME now offers any cab, drive train, pump and body options available without the need for restrictions due to weight concerns.